Providing your website visitors with an easy way to contact you is vital for building trust and turning browsers into buyers. That’s why a great contact page is essential for any website. But how are you going to do it? The two most common and straightforward options are contact forms and email addresses.
You probably already have an opinion about which of these two methods is the better communication solution. But are you letting your personal preferences get in the way of a savvy business decision?
In this short article, we look at some of the advantages of both approaches to assist you in deciding which option is best for you.
Why Using an Email Address May Make Sense
Choosing to use an email address as the primary means of contact on your website may seem a bit like going back in time, but there are several practical reasons why it may be the correct decision for you.
- Ease of implementation. No complex coding is necessary. In fact, you can get away without using any coding at all as long as you don’t mind asking your visitors to cut and paste your address into their email application.
- Help establish some legitimacy. Customers want to feel the company they do business with is transparent and open. Many companies are getting rid of telephone numbers on their websites, but including an email address for an individual person instead of a catch-all email address still creates aspects of personal connection in the customer’s mind.
Why Using a Contact Form May Make Sense
Despite some of the advantages of using email addresses on your website discussed above, there are still plenty of reasons to prefer using a contact form instead.
- Allow on-site communication. Keeping the browser on your website with a contact form not only makes things more convenient for your visitors but can help you out in the SERP department. By redirecting visitors to another section of your website, you have another chance to engage them after they submit the form.
- Control the information. With contact forms, you collect only the information you need. This control ensures you have a better understanding of what your visitor wants, and you are able to streamline your responses. Say goodbye to endless email loops asking for an essential piece of information.
- May help with the reduction in spam. Email scrapping is a huge problem online, and listing your email address online can lead to thousands of spam emails. While you can still receive spam through a contact form, it is less common.
Building a fantastic website on your own is hard, but CleverLight Media makes it easy. To learn how we can transform your current online business or help you to start a new one, contact CleverLight today